You are now able to streamline operations and increase profitability for your business using resource planning. Business success in highly unstable and critical times is possible with improving operational efficiency and reducing the costs for expenses as well. Every project lack major – if you aren’t managing IT resources like networking, and other related IT factors.
The resource planning process, in simpler terms, is developing a smart strategy to use the available resources in the company for a specific project. Now IT resource utilization template excel is available here to make this simple and easy for project managers and top management.
Best practices when managing resources for IT project
- Lack of understanding may lead to the failure of the project. Make the visibility better for the resources required for the project.
- Avoid under or overutilization of staff as this is practice increasing your expenses. Avoid poor resource planning.
- Preparing a high-level plan is beneficial. In fact, it saves planning time for the project managers as they are able to see some type of operations and plans which can work for various operations and stages.
- Consider choosing the position of the participant instead of the name and department. This is to ensure if the same position or skills are required for multiple projects. It highlights the new recruitment required for the company.
- Following these practices, you are better at being accountable for the costs and resources for a certain stage of the project.
Contents of the IT Resource Utilization Template Excel
See the consumption of resources for your IT projects using this template. The key components of the template along the format are discussed here. Let’s have a look:
Resource name- starts using the template. Add the resources available in your company. Enlist them from the cell A2. The usage rate can be determined later from this cell.
Team- to identify the persons working on the specific IT project and the person’s part of the team, column 2 is reserved for it, start hitting the names of the persons and team in this column.
Start entering the name of the team from cell B3. Team members can be tracked later!
Project- as already mentioned this template is for multiple projects tracking, this is the column where you need to enter the names of the projects, and you are interested in becoming aware of the resource utilization for them.
Start hitting the names from cell C3.
Tasks- it is time to enter the tasks for the specific project. See the mentioned project in column C and enter the main task in column D. the task is then subcategorized into sub-tasks.
This makes tasks tracking simple and monitoring easy for the specific project.
Date and allocation- now depending on the length of your project start entering the dates and days for the project. Enter the date in the heading section for the leftover columns. You can add even more if required!
This part of the template shows the daily usage of the resources for the specific project by the team. This ensures efficient planning.
Once you are done, you are ready having complete data about resource utilization for the IT project. It improves your productivity, increase profitability, and reduces down costs, makes rewarding simple and many other benefits for your projects.
For more detail of IT resource utilization template excel, contact Template124 and ask for a custom template.